Tema: Onyx Boox i62m Aurora

Me! está desconectado [email protected] Mi eReader: kindle4
    Autores Favoritos: Asimov, Pratchett, Tolkien, King, Somoza, Sanderson
    Último Leído: Higiene del asesino Buscarlo en amazon.es
    Leyendo: (La rueda del tiempo 05) Cielo en llamas Buscarlo en amazon.es
    Dar gracias
    Gracias Recibidas: 11.115

Onyx Boox i62m Aurora

Introducing the Onyx Boox i62m Aurora – HD Screen, Frontlight, and More (video)

Amazon and Kobo both dazzled the world last week with the unveiling of the Kindle Paperwhite and the announcement of the Kobo Glo (I’m still not sure anyone has seen it yet), 2 new ereaders with high resolution screens and frontlights. But they’re not the only ones.

For some time now I’ve known that the Chinese ereader maker Onyx had been working on a new device. The Boox i62m is going to use the higher resolution HD E-ink screen (1024×768) from LG Display and add a touchscreen and frontlight on top. I even got my hands on an early demo video, though that one was shot in a dark room so it’s difficult to see much.

Today I can show you something better. A Russian blogger got their hands on the new Aurora and posted a video. I would really have loved to have shared this last week, but better late than never.

As you can see in the above video, the i62m Aurora is based on an existing Onyx ereader, the i62HD. It has the same general specs including an HD E-ink screen, touchscreen, Wifi, and broad format support. The i62 also makes full use of Onyx’s extensive annotation abilities, including scribbled notes in multiple colors and thicknesses, highlights, bookmarks, and more.

This ereader was why I faulted Sony for not offering better hardware on the PRS-T2, and it is also what I was secretly hoping we would see at the Amazon event last week. This is the next generation of ereaders, and I’ve been wanting to announce that it had hit the market for a month now. When I first saw it, I decided that this was the device I’d carry around at CES, just to have something no one else had, But no that the Kindle Paperwhite will be on the market next month and the Kobo Glo might be on the market by CES, all of a sudden the i62m isn’t as cool as it used to be.

The Boox i62m Aurora is expected to ship in late September, and while it likely won’t be carried by any US retailers, it will be available in Europe and Russia. I have one on pre-order with ereader-store.de, and I look forward to getting my hands on it. The retail hasn’t been disclosed, but I would expect it to cost around € 200, thus effectively pricing itself out of the market.
    TEDD Y TODD: UNIVERSO TRUJILLO
    Padezco de 'ansia viva'(c)PhotoniKO 2012 Minipuntos: 2
    Pon un mod en tu vida judme!
    Lema del Foro: 'Don't Worry, Beer Happy'
    Mi recuento 2012, 2013,2014//Pendientes de lectura

Para colaborar con el foro sólo tienes que marcar este link »» http://www.amazon.es/?tag=forokd-21
    como favorito en tu navegador habitual

2. Los siguientes 2 usuarios le agradecieron a Me! por Post util:

PhotoniKO (10/09/2012),sentoben (10/09/2012)

PhotoniKO está desconectado Gurú Mi eReader: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WiFi; Kindle Touch 3G; Kindle Keyboard 3G
    Autores Favoritos: J.R.R. Tolkien; Isaac Asimov
    Libros Favoritos: El Silmarillion, El hobbit & El Señor de los Anillos - J.R.R. Tolkien Buscarlo en amazon.es
    Último Leído: La sombra del águila - Arturo Pérez-Reverte Buscarlo en amazon.es
    Leyendo: La cruz de ceniza - Fran Zabaleta & Luis Astorga Buscarlo en amazon.es
    Dar gracias
    Gracias Recibidas: 8.772

Re: Onyx Boox i62m Aurora

Gracias Me!

Lo ví hace un rato, pero estoy con mi megabiblioteca y me dio mucha pereza :ag:
    Mis lecturas: 2015 // 2014.

Me! está desconectado [email protected] Mi eReader: kindle4
    Autores Favoritos: Asimov, Pratchett, Tolkien, King, Somoza, Sanderson
    Último Leído: Higiene del asesino Buscarlo en amazon.es
    Leyendo: (La rueda del tiempo 05) Cielo en llamas Buscarlo en amazon.es
    Dar gracias
    Gracias Recibidas: 11.115

Re: Onyx Boox i62m Aurora

Cita Iniciado por PhotoniKO Ver Mensaje
    Gracias Me!

Lo ví hace un rato, pero estoy con mi megabiblioteca y me dio mucha pereza :ag:
    mlila te ha pegado la vaguciedad?
    ah! no, que estabas levantando pesas XD
    TEDD Y TODD: UNIVERSO TRUJILLO
    Padezco de 'ansia viva'(c)PhotoniKO 2012 Minipuntos: 2
    Pon un mod en tu vida judme!
    Lema del Foro: 'Don't Worry, Beer Happy'
    Mi recuento 2012, 2013,2014//Pendientes de lectura

Para colaborar con el foro sólo tienes que marcar este link »» http://www.amazon.es/?tag=forokd-21
    como favorito en tu navegador habitual