Autores Favoritos: Asimov, Pratchett, Tolkien, King, Somoza, Sanderson
    Último Leído: Higiene del asesino Buscarlo en
    Leyendo: (La rueda del tiempo 05) Cielo en llamas Buscarlo en
    Quién sabe
    Dar gracias
    Gracias Recibidas: 11.113

Book Street Art

Book Street Art

There are many ways to express that books are an essential part of our life. Using books as building materials is not necessarily the good way. Street art with books in focus, without killing any, is one of the best.

I’m really excited to share this list, as I managed to find some fantastic examples of murals, that can’t be found on other lists of this kind. My favorite works are the Valencia stuff from a famous street art group Escif, but also the one painted by Andreyante AO in Nizhny Novgorod, and the mural in Łódź created by a Polish street artist Barys.

When going through a lot of fantastic pictures, I realized one thing. While a lot of street art is coming to mobile devices, in a variety of wallpapers or designer covers, almost no modern gadgets appeared so far on the streets – although they are becoming an important part of the daily life. I haven’t found any interesting mural with a Kindle or iPad, not mentioning people using them.

Obviously, this will be changing, and I’ll try to catch up by updating this post. If you know of any great street art that should be featured in this list, please share it in the comments.

Book Riot. The painting is a part of a series of murals painted in Valencia, Spain, by a group of artists and performers from Escif.

Literary Mural. This outstanding mural was created by Jane Brewster and is located in Portland, Oregon, in the neighborhood of Hawthorne Boulevard Books and Powell’s Books bookstores.

Transformer Books. Art-Facade, mural art studio from Saint Petersburg, Russia, created in 20 days this great book mural art on a transformer sub-station near Rossiysky Prospect.

Instead of bricks, typical for transformer sub-stations, we see the bookshelf full of oversized classic literature titles. “The creative concept design allowed us to put an elegant link between safety regulations and the world’s famous titles.”

Pilsen Books. This book-themed mural is a part of an ongoing street art project by Chicago-based creative collective, Pawn Works. The mural was painted in Chicago, on a lengthy old wall in Pilsen neighborhood

Reading Punk. A part of a street art project by Buenos Aires street artist Patxi Mazzoni Alonso.

The project’s idea is “to promote study, work, education and music and show the punks visually to people who have rejected them and don’t recognize who they are.”

Education is the Key to Knowledge. Created by street artist Marcin “Barys” Barjasz, in Lódź, Poland. Photo by Regina Lang.

Girl Reading. Street art in Gloucester. Found and pictured by Donglos Images

Reading While Growing Roots. A surreal mural in Nuñez, painted by a Colombian artist Loto. “A pseudo human being is reading while growing roots.”

Kid Reading. Mural on the side of the Trilok School on Waverly Avenue, Brooklyn. Created by a legendary Chile-based artist Nelson Rivas (Cekis)

Reading: A Journey. This huge mural was created by Donald Gensler, and can be seen in Philadelphia.

The mural is a part of The Mural Arts Program that has created more than 3,000 paintings representing important aspects of Philadelphia’s African American history.

Read. Sticker and poster campaign that started in 2005. Created by Brooklyn-based artist and performer Jay Giroux

Climbing Over Books. Street art by Andreyante AO, in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.

Oye Read. From Brooklyn Street Art resources. Artist unknown. Photo by Jaime Rojo.

X-Times People Chair – Woman Reading. A part of a street art performance by a German artist and performer Angie Hiesl.

Elderly people sit on white chairs that are mounted on buildings at a height between three and seven meters. They perform rehearsed, everyday activities in a reserved manner: they read the paper, slice bread, fold clothes…

La Bibliothèque. A small mural on a library building in small town near Fontainebleau, France. Pictured by Kelly Robic.

Dr Seuss “Read” Sculpture. This amazing giant display was made of 25,000 Dr. Seuss books in front of the New York Public Library, between the library’s iconic lion statues.

The sculpture was a collaboration between the National Education Association and Target Corporation, and is a part of the Target’s plan to donate $1 billion to education-related programs by 2015.

Inside a Bookshelf. Mural by unknown artist, in Örebro, Sweden

Bookstore Mural. Created on a side wall of Circle City Books and Music in Pittsboro.

Wall of books. A 10-meter wall made of ceramic books, Amsterdam.

Larchmere Mural. The mural graces the east wall of Loganberry Books bookstore, located in Shaker Heights, Ohio. Created by artist Gene Epstein, the painting reflects the neighborhood’s people and history.

La Bibliotèque De La Cité. A beautiful fresco-style mural on the façade of the Lyon Municipal Library, France.

School Bookshelf. This huge bookshelf was painted in a school yard in Tyumen, by Russian art group Color of the City. ⇢

Heart, Culture and Pedagogy. An amazing mural located in the College of the Sacred Heart of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, on a wall of Éva-Senécal library.

Created by artists from M.U.R.I.R.S. and influenced by master painters of trompe-l’œil, it is a metaphor of the local literary universe, with more than 100 authors represented.

Flying Books. Jazz mural by artist Bill Weber on Jackson Square, San Francisco. Flying books in front are Brian Goggin’s “Language of the Birds” installation.

Library Mural. Created on seven walls of Ustroń Public Library, Poland, and taking over 500 square meters, the mural shows the interiors of the Trinity College Library in Dublin.

Dublin Digital Classics. A part of a street campaign by Dublin City Council to get the young generation interested in reading
    Padezco de 'ansia viva'(c)PhotoniKO 2012 Minipuntos: 2
    Pon un mod en tu vida judme!
    Lema del Foro: 'Don't Worry, Beer Happy'
    Mi recuento 2012, 2013,2014//Pendientes de lectura

Para colaborar con el foro sólo tienes que marcar este link »»
    como favorito en tu navegador habitual

2. Los siguientes 4 usuarios le agradecieron a Me! por Post util:

Aritzne (30/05/2013),eytaki (29/05/2013),javie (31/05/2013),PhotoniKO (29/05/2013)

3. Por AMMiguelez

==Espacio publicitario reservado para promocionar libros de autores registrados en 3 meses gratis. Si eres autor de ebook, contacta con ADMIN ==