Save Money with Ebates: Unleash the Power of Cash Back Deals & Offers
Looking to save money while shopping online? Look no further because Ebates, now known as Rakuten, is here to help! With cash back deals, promo codes, and exclusive offers from over 2,500 stores, there’s no better time to start shopping with Rakuten. In this article, we will dive into how to get the most out of Rakuten, exploring its tricks, tutorials, and step-by-step guides, as well as its main alternatives. Whether you’re a savvy shopper or just starting, let’s unleash the power of cash back deals and offers on Rakuten!
Setting Up Your Rakuten Account
The first step to start earning cashback is creating an account on Rakuten. All you need is an email address or you can use your Google or Facebook accounts as well. After signing up, you’ll receive a welcome bonus, which varies, but typically ranges from $10 to $30. This bonus will be credited to your account once you’ve made a qualifying purchase of $25 or more within 90 days of signing up.
Additionally, for even more convenience, download the Rakuten mobile app on your smartphone and the Rakuten browser extension on your computer. These tools will alert you of available cashback opportunities while you shop, ensuring you never miss a deal!
Maximizing Your Cash Back Earnings
To make the most of Rakuten, utilize these strategies to maximize your cash back earnings:
- Combine Cash Back and Coupons: Rakuten allows you to stack cash back offers with retailer coupons or promo codes. This means you can earn cash back on your purchase while also receiving additional discounts.
- Refer Friends and Earn: Invite friends to join Rakuten and earn referral bonuses for each one who makes a qualifying purchase. This is a great way to build income while sharing the benefits of cashback with your loved ones.
- Shop During Double Cash Back Events: Throughout the year, Rakuten hosts special events where cash back rates are doubled at select stores, providing even greater savings.
- Watch for Limited-Time Offers: Keep an eye out for time-sensitive deals, exclusive offers, and limited-time cashback increases to maximize your savings.
Getting Paid: Rakuten Cash Out Options
Rakuten pays out your earned cash back every three months through either a paper check or PayPal transfer, as long as you’ve earned at least $5.01 in cash back. You can also opt to send your cashback earnings to a family member, friend, or charity. Tracking your earnings, payment history, and upcoming payments is simple within your Rakuten account.
Top Alternatives to Rakuten
If you’re looking for other ways to save money while shopping online, consider these top alternatives to Rakuten:
- Swagbucks: This platform rewards you with points, called SB, for shopping online, answering surveys, and completing various tasks. You can redeem SB for gift cards or cash through PayPal.
- TopCashback: With a similar structure to Rakuten, TopCashback offers cash back at a wide variety of online retailers. The main difference is their claimed commitment to provide the highest cashback rates by passing 100% of commissions to consumers.
- Honey: This browser extension helps you find discount codes for your online purchases. While it does not offer cash back, it can be used alongside Rakuten to maximize your savings.
The Origins of Cash Back and Ebates
Ebates was founded in 1998 by two former deputy district attorneys in California. They created Ebates to help combat the growing prevalence of online coupon scams. Their main goal was to offer consumers a safe and legitimate way to save money while shopping online. In 2014, the company was acquired by Rakuten, a Japanese e-commerce company, and rebranded as Rakuten in 2019.
The concept of cash back comes from the notion of receiving a rebate, which is a partial refund on the purchase price of an item in the form of cash. This concept has been adopted by credit card companies, banks, and loyalty programs, with Rakuten (formerly Ebates) being one of the pioneers in cash back specifically for online shopping. By harnessing the power of cash back, Rakuten has revolutionized the way people shop online, making it easier than ever to save money on your favorite products and services.
Software Designer specialized in Usability and UX. I love to thoroughly study all the applications that come out on the market.