As the world shifts its focus towards renewable energy and eco-friendly transportation, electric vehicles (EVs) are quickly gaining popularity. In order to maximize the potential and convenience of these vehicles, knowing where to find charging stations is crucial. That’s where the PlugShare app comes in, making it easy for users to locate electric vehicle charging stations and making EV ownership even more accessible. In this comprehensive guide, we will dive deep into everything you need to know about PlugShare, how to use it effectively, and cover its most intriguing features.
Understanding PlugShare: The Basics
PlugShare is a mobile app available for both Android and iOS devices that serves as a comprehensive EV charging station map, making it easy for EV owners to find charging stations nearby. The app boasts a community of EV drivers who contribute by adding new charging station locations, providing reviews, and sharing valuable information, making it the ultimate resource for EV owners.
With PlugShare, users can filter by charging station types, access types, and connector types, allowing them to quickly find charging stations compatible with their specific vehicle. PlugShare also offers useful information such as charging station availability, user reviews, and the ability to plan trips with charging station stops along the route.
Getting Started with PlugShare
To start using PlugShare, you first need to download and install the app onto your smartphone. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
- 1. Visit the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) and search for “PlugShare”.
- 2. Download and install the app on your device.
- 3. Launch the app and sign up for a free PlugShare account using your email address, Facebook, Google, or Apple ID.
- 4. After signing up, you will be prompted to select your vehicle, allowing the app to provide customized results.
- 5. Now, you’re all set to start using PlugShare!
How to Find Charging Stations using PlugShare
Once you have successfully installed PlugShare and created an account, you can begin to search for charging stations. Here’s how:
1. Launch the PlugShare app and ensure that your smartphone’s location service is enabled.
2. The app will automatically display a map with charging stations near your current location, denoted by different icons representing various charger types.
3. You can zoom in and out to view more charging stations or explore different locations.
4. Tap on a charging station icon to view more detailed information, including charger type, connector type, charging speed, user reviews, and photos.
5. Use filters to refine your search based on specific requirements such as charging station type, access type, payment method, and more.
Planning Trips with PlugShare
PlugShare also offers a helpful trip planning feature, allowing users to plot routes with charging stations along the way. Simply input your destination, and the app will suggest optimal stops to recharge your vehicle. This feature lets you plan long road trips with peace of mind, knowing that you will have access to the necessary charging stations.
History and Curiosities about PlugShare
PlugShare was founded in 2012 by entrepreneur Forrest North, a former Tesla employee and the founder of Recargo, Inc. His vision was to create a platform that connected EV owners and offered a comprehensive database of charging stations. Over the years, PlugShare has evolved into a robust community-driven platform where users share valuable insights, photos, and reviews.
Did you know that PlugShare began as a crowdsourced platform, where users added charging stations to the map manually? Today, PlugShare collaborates with charging networks and station owners to maintain an up-to-date database, making it an essential tool for EV owners.
The growth of the electric vehicle industry, accompanied by the continuous improvement of charging infrastructure, has effectively placed PlugShare in a pivotal role for EV owners worldwide. As we navigate further into a greener future, PlugShare will continue to serve as an indispensable tool in our transition towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
I love cell phones and technology, Star Trek, Star Wars and playing video games