Surveillance Station is an app that allows users to monitor their home or business from anywhere in the world. It provides a secure and reliable way to keep an eye on what’s happening at all times. With Surveillance Station, users can access live video feeds from multiple cameras, review recorded footage, and receive notifications when motion is detected. This app also allows users to customize settings for each camera, such as recording schedules and motion detection zones.
People need Surveillance Station for a variety of reasons. First, it provides peace of mind by allowing them to monitor their property from anywhere in the world. This can be especially useful for those who travel frequently or own vacation homes that they don’t visit often. Second, it helps deter crime by providing evidence if something does happen on their property while they are away. Third, it can be used as a tool for monitoring employees or children while they are at home or away from home. Finally, Surveillance Station offers advanced features such as facial recognition and license plate recognition which can help identify suspicious activity quickly and accurately.
Surveillance Station is an app developed by Synology that allows users to monitor their home or business environment with a network video recorder (NVR) and IP cameras. The app provides users with a wide range of features, including live view, playback, event management, and remote access. With Surveillance Station, users can easily monitor their property from anywhere in the world using their mobile device or computer. The app also supports multiple languages and provides an intuitive user interface for easy navigation. Additionally, Surveillance Station includes advanced analytics such as motion detection and heat mapping to help users detect suspicious activity quickly and accurately.
How to use Surveillance Station
1. Install Surveillance Station: Download and install the Surveillance Station software on your computer or NAS device.
2. Connect Cameras: Connect your IP cameras to your network and configure them for use with Surveillance Station.
3. Configure Settings: Configure the settings of your cameras, such as motion detection, recording schedules, and camera views in the Surveillance Station interface.
4. Monitor Live Feeds: Monitor live feeds from all of your connected cameras in real-time using the Surveillance Station interface or a compatible mobile app.
5. Playback Recorded Footage: View recorded footage from any of your connected cameras by selecting a date range and time frame to view playback footage within the Surveillance Station interface or a compatible mobile app.
How to set up
1. Install Surveillance Station on your Synology NAS:
First, you will need to install the Surveillance Station application on your Synology NAS. This can be done by logging into the DSM (DiskStation Manager) interface of your NAS and navigating to the Package Center. Search for “Surveillance Station” and click “Install” to begin the installation process.
2. Connect IP Cameras:
Once Surveillance Station is installed, you will need to connect your IP cameras to it. Depending on the type of camera you have, this may involve connecting an Ethernet cable from the camera directly into one of the ports on your Synology NAS or connecting wirelessly via Wi-Fi or a dedicated wireless network connection. Refer to your camera’s user manual for more information about how to connect it properly.
3. Configure Camera Settings:
Once all of your cameras are connected, you will need to configure their settings in Surveillance Station in order for them to work properly with the software. This includes setting up motion detection zones, recording schedules, and other settings that are specific to each camera model and brand that you are using with Surveillance Station. Refer to each camera’s user manual for more information about how these settings should be configured properly in order for them to work with Surveillance Station correctly.
4. Set Up Live View:
Once all of your cameras have been connected and configured properly in Surveillance Station, you can now set up live view so that you can monitor what is happening at any time from anywhere in the world as long as there is an internet connection available (either through a mobile device or computer). To do this, simply log into DSM again and navigate back into Surveillance Station where you will find a “Live View” tab which allows you access live video feeds from all of your connected cameras simultaneously or individually depending on what type of view mode is selected (multi-view or single-view).
How to uninstall
1. Log into your Synology NAS using an administrator account.
2. Go to the Package Center and select the Installed tab.
3. Select Surveillance Station and click on the Uninstall button at the bottom of the page.
4. Follow the instructions on-screen to complete the uninstallation process.
What is it for
Surveillance Station is a network video monitoring and recording software package developed by Synology. It allows users to set up a surveillance system using IP cameras connected to their local area network (LAN). The software provides features such as motion detection, event notifications, remote access, and recording of video footage. It also offers advanced features such as facial recognition, license plate recognition, and people counting.apps.
Surveillance Station Advantages
1. Comprehensive Surveillance: Surveillance Station offers comprehensive monitoring capabilities with support for up to 40 IP cameras, allowing you to monitor multiple locations simultaneously.
2. Flexible Recording Options: Surveillance Station provides flexible recording options, including motion detection, scheduled recording and manual recording. You can also set up alerts to be sent via email or SMS when motion is detected in the monitored area.
3. Advanced Video Analytics: Surveillance Station includes advanced video analytics such as face recognition and object detection, allowing you to quickly identify suspicious activity and take appropriate action.
4. Easy Setup and Management: Setting up a surveillance system with Surveillance Station is easy thanks to its intuitive user interface and web-based management tools that allow you to manage your system from anywhere in the world.
5. Remote Accessibility: With Surveillance Station, you can access your surveillance system remotely from any device with an internet connection, giving you peace of mind when away from home or office.
1. Utilize the Surveillance Station’s motion detection feature to trigger recording and alert you of any activity in your monitored area.
2. Set up a schedule for recording so that you can review footage at specific times or days of the week.
3. Use the two-way audio feature to communicate with people in your monitored area from a remote location.
4. Take advantage of Surveillance Station’s cloud storage capabilities to ensure that your recordings are always backed up and accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
5. Use the mobile app to monitor your cameras on-the-go, so you can stay connected even when away from home or office.
6. Take advantage of Surveillance Station’s facial recognition technology to identify people entering and leaving your monitored area, as well as detect any suspicious activity or intruders in real time.
7. Utilize advanced analytics such as heat mapping, line crossing detection, and object counting for more detailed insights into activity within your monitored area over time periods such as days, weeks, months etc..
Alternatives to Surveillance Station
3. Blue Iris
5. Nx Witness
6. Vivotek IP Camera Software Suite
7. Milestone XProtect
8. Luxriot Evo S
9. Avigilon Control Center
10. Genetec Security Center
I love cell phones and technology, Star Trek, Star Wars and playing video games