WildBirdAlert! is an app designed to help birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts find and identify birds in their area. The app provides real-time alerts when rare or unusual birds are spotted in a user’s area, allowing them to quickly locate and observe the bird. It also provides detailed information about each species, including photos, calls, habitat preferences, migration patterns, and more. This helps users become better informed about the birds they are seeing and allows them to share their sightings with other birders. WildBirdAlert! is a great tool for anyone interested in learning more about birds or simply enjoying the beauty of nature.
WildBirdAlert! is an app designed to help birders and wildlife enthusiasts identify, track, and report sightings of wild birds. The app allows users to easily record their observations of wild birds in their local area and share them with other birders. It also provides access to a global database of bird sightings, allowing users to search for specific species or locations. The app also features a range of tools such as range maps, identification guides, and photo galleries that can help users identify different species. Additionally, the app has an alert system that notifies users when rare or unusual species are spotted in their area. WildBirdAlert! is a great tool for anyone interested in learning more about the fascinating world of wild birds.
How to use WildBirdAlert!
1. Download the WildBirdAlert! app from your device’s app store.
2. Sign up for an account and create a profile.
3. Set up your location preferences to receive notifications about birds in your area.
4. Use the search feature to find specific birds or species you are interested in tracking.
5. Receive notifications when a bird is spotted near you, and use the map feature to locate it quickly and easily!
6. Log your sightings and share them with other birders in the community!
How to set up
1. Download the WildBirdAlert! app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Create an account and log in to the app.
3. Set up your profile by entering your location, interests, and any other relevant information.
4. Select which birds you would like to be alerted about when they are spotted near you by using the “My Birds” feature in the app.
5. Enable notifications so that you can receive alerts when a bird is spotted near you or when someone posts a sighting of a bird that matches your interests on WildBirdAlert!.
6. Explore the app and find out more about birds in your area by using features such as “Explore”, “Sightings”, and “My Sightings” to see what others have posted about birds near you or around the world!
How to uninstall
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Select Programs and Features.
3. Select WildBirdAlert! from the list of installed programs and click Uninstall/Change.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
What is it for
WildBirdAlert! is a free, real-time alert system for birders. It provides notifications when rare or unusual birds are spotted in your area, so you can be the first to know about a potential sighting. It also allows users to report their own sightings and share them with other birders in the community.apps.
1. Get real-time notifications of rare bird sightings: WildBirdAlert! provides notifications of rare bird sightings in your area, so you can be the first to spot them.
2. Track your favorite birds: With WildBirdAlert!, you can easily track the movements of your favorite birds and get notified when they’re in your area.
3. Get detailed information about each species: WildBirdAlert! provides detailed information about each species, including its scientific name, size, habitat, diet and more.
4. Easily identify birds with photos and audio recordings: With WildBirdAlert!, you can easily identify birds with photos and audio recordings of their calls and songs.
5. Share sightings with friends: You can share your bird sightings with friends or join a local birding group to discuss the latest news on rare birds in your area.
6. Receive alerts for special events: With WildBirdAlert!, you’ll receive alerts for special events such as migrations or nesting seasons so that you don’t miss out on any exciting opportunities to observe nature up close!
1. Follow the hashtag #WildBirdAlert to stay up-to-date on the latest sightings.
2. Use the search feature to find specific birds or locations.
3. Take advantage of the “Nearby” tab to see what birds are being seen in your area.
4. Share your own sightings and photos with other birders on WildBirdAlert!
5. Join local birding groups and follow their posts for more information about birds in your area.
6. Use the “My Sightings” tab to keep track of all your birding adventures!
7. Make sure you have a good pair of binoculars and a field guide handy for identifying birds you spot!
8. Get involved in citizen science projects that use WildBirdAlert data, such as eBird or Project FeederWatch!
Alternatives to WildBirdAlert!
3. Merlin Bird ID
4. Audubon Bird Guide App
5. Cornell Lab of Ornithology All About Birds
7. The Sibley Guide to Birds
8. National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds
9. Peterson Field Guides: A Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern and Central North America
10. Birder’s Diary
Software Designer specialized in Usability and UX. I love to thoroughly study all the applications that come out on the market.